Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Baby Swimming: How to Teach My Baby?





Every parent would agree that they want the best for their kids. The parents should always keep their children safe. One of the most well- known cause of babies' and toddlers' death in The US and other countries is "drowning." When you own a pool, it would be the best for your toddler to be attended at all times. Busy parents have some problems with looking after their children; however, there's something you could do to prevent your child from drowning in the pool. 


I believe, many of you heard about "Swimming Lessons for Babies." or "Survival Swimming" When my baby turned 6 months old, I decided to take him to a Swimming school, but the rate of the sessions are quite expensive for me. I do swim a little well  as and my husband been to a swimming school before. So, I changed my mind; my husband and I now teach our baby the water survival skills.

In the Philippines, majority of Filipinos could swim well, for there are many beaches and lakes, even public swimming pools here, so I'm confident enough to teach my child. 


Some parents believe in old notions like, "water might hurt your eardrums." Keep in mind, that water wouldn't hurt your baby's eardrums, unless his ears aren't clean enough to block the water that's coming out. 
Babies are born strong, and versatile. They have fast and strong reflexes that would allow them to adapt quickly in any environment in no time. 

What I did:
My baby has loved the water ever since, he takes a bath everyday, we go swimming with the family if necessary, so taking him to the swimming pool is never a problem for him. I kept on researching for the methods to use for his swimming lessons with me. Gladly, I found this very helpful free website ( http://www.uswim.com/ ) that really made my work a lot easier. They allow people to download their materials freely and give clear instructions. I would love to share this to all the parents out there. Now, my baby enjoys the water freely. And before the summer ends, I hope he would be able to turn his back and float alone in the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment